|White Spot Syndrome Virus
White Spot Syndrome Virus (WSSV) is a serious viral pathogen that affects cultivated shrimp worldwide. The Bioo Scientific MaxSignal™ Shrimp WSSV Detection Kit uses an end-point Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) assay to screen for WSSV in fresh or frozen shrimp or other potentially infectious material. Important features of the kit are:
- Input sample is DNA or total nucleic acid extracted from solid tissue or derived from liquid tissues such as hemolymph; purification of viral particles for analysis is not required.
- Kit includes 2 primer pairs targeting nested 483 bp and 388 bp regions of WSSV nucleocapsid gene.
- Kit includes primers for shrimp genomic DNA to serve as positive control for successful DNA extraction.
- Kit includes synthetic WSSV positive control template for verification of performance.
- High sensitivity: detection limit approximately 50 copies of synthetic target using standard 1-step PCR protocol (35 cycles of PCR), and approximately 5 copies using the 2-step nested PCR protocol (25 cycles for each PCR step).
- Detection of WSSV virus using 1-step PCR protocol with input amounts of approximately 50 femtograms of total nucleic acid extracted from experimentally infected shrimp.
- Sufficient PCR primers are provided to run at least 50 reactions with any of the 3 primer pairs (outer and nested WSSV primers and shrimp positive control primers).
- Kit comes complete with Gel Loading Solution and Molecular Weight Marker for convenient analysis of results.
Note, the PCR primers and other kit components are also available as stand-alone products for users who would like to evaluate any of the kit components for use in alternative assays they may currently be running. For more information on the kit, components, or related products for nucleic acid extraction, please contact us.
Related Products and Kit Components Sold Separately:
MaxRecovery Nucleic Acid Extraction Kit
WSSV-483 Primer Pair
WSSV-388 Primer Pair
Shrimp Positive Control Primer Pair
WSSV Positive Control Template
Products for PCR and PCR Analysis
DuroTaq thermostable DNA Polymerase (5 units/uL)
4dNTP Mix (10 mM each)
5x Complete PCR Buffer (detergent-free)
6x Gel Loading Solution
MW Marker #1 (pUC19/Sau3A restriction fragments)
MW Marker #2 (pUC19/Hpa2 restriction fragments)
Nuclease-free Distilled Deionized Water (5 x 2 ml)
#1201-01 : with extraction
#1201-02 : w/o extraction