Histamine Enzymatic Assay Kit is a colorimetric enzymatic assay for the determination of histamine in seafood, meat, milk and wine. Unlike ELISA-based methods, this kit uses a rapid and direct enzymatic reaction to determine the amount of histamine in samples.
The unique features of MaxSignal™Histamine Enzymatic Assay Kit are:
1. Very rapid and direct procedure (complete procedure takes 35 minutes start to finish - no wash steps needed).
2. Convenient aqueous extraction method with high recovery. Harsh extractions using organic solvents not required.
3. High sensitivity and low detection limit (6 ppm).
4. A very rapid and robust enzyme-based assay which does not require chemical derivatization, sample filtration or expensive instrumentation.
5. Direct and simple assay procedure saves time/effort with minimal handling of samples; compatible with scale-up for high-through sample screening.
6. High reproducibility.
* USDA SBIR # 2008-00294 (USDA research grant supported)